[arch-general] Crud! Rebooted Can't Login - No Mouse or Keyboard with kdm??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 23 23:28:22 EDT 2009

Andrei Thorp wrote:
> Alright. Perhaps if we're in agreement on this point, it should be
> removed from the wiki that this can "cause problems". Honestly, I'm
> not sure what these problems could be, I was just going as per advice.
> Regardless, nice to keep my DAEMONS list a bit shorter.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -AT

	Well, it's confirmed that hal must check for dbus and with dbus before hal in
the DAEMONS list there are no apparent problems because I have done it both
ways in the past 24 hours with no visible problems. However, I have removed
dbus from the DAEMONS list per AT's suggestion, and it works like a champ that
way as well.

	Thanks again for the tip on backgrounding the processes in the DAEMONS list.
DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network hal @sshd @crond @avahi-daemon @mysqld @samba
@sensors kdm3) works fantastic. Boot time is the best I have seen out of any
distro.

--