[arch-general] Problem installing FreeNX from extra, can anyone else confirm?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Apr 24 13:03:44 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	There was a minor problem installing FreeNX and its dependencies from extra
that resulted in the warning:

"cp: cannot stat `/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp': No such file or directory"

	In context the error occurred here:

Targets (5): nx-common-3.3.0-2  nxserver-3.3.0-5  gnu-netcat-0.7.1-2
expect-5.44.1.10-1  freenx-0.7.3-3

Total Download Size:    3.61 MB
Total Installed Size:   9.30 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

<snip install stuff>

Generating keys ...
passwd: unlocking the user would result in a passwordless account.
You should set a password with usermod -p to unlock this user account.
cp: cannot stat `/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp': No such file or directory

	I don't know if this is a significant issue or not, I guess I'll find out, but
I thought I would put the out to the list to (1) see if anyone else could
confirm this; and (2) ask anyone familiar with the FreeNX package if this is
anything to worry about.

	Thanks

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.