[arch-general] libsoup 2.26.0-1 dependencies in [testing]

Hussam Al-Tayeb ht990332 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 21:30:48 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 02:28 +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:01:24 +0300
> Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 20:33 +0200, JM wrote:

> > > I mistakenly assumed that the problem had lied within libsoup not
> > > libproxy. Thanks for clarifying that.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > JM
> >
> > gconf only depends on orbit2>=2.14.17  gtk2>=2.16.0  libxml2>=2.7.3
> > policykit>=0.9 libldap>=2.3.43
> > It has no dependencies on "ugly" gnome libs (libgnome, libbonobo) so
> > non gnome users shouldn't have problem with it.
>
> But isn't gconf a daemon?
> There's an app in development I might want to use that uses vala and
> gconf, and I don't know how bad that gconf daemon is..
>
> regards,
> Philipp

It's perfectly safe and very well designed. It's job is to notify
applications when their settings have been changed. For example, if you
edit the configuration of gedit externally (not from inside gedit
options dialog) but from gconf-editor for example, gconf daemon tells
gedit that the settings have been changed without the need to restart
gedit.