[arch-general] libnotify as optdepend in thunar?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Sat Apr 25 12:27:43 EDT 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:19:58 -0400
Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 08:49,  <hollunder at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hmm, but thunar-volman is not installed on my system..
> >
> > Regards,
> > Philipp
> >

> Hmmm... I guess I don't know the software as well as I thought I did.
> I thought that addon was what managed removable devices

It's certainly not necessary to mount and unmount devices, from what I
gathered it's more for automating tasks when drives get inserted and
stuff like that.

I removed libnotify to get the exact error:

Failed to unmount "4G Removable Volume".
/usr/lib/xfce4/exo-mount-notify-0.3: error while loading shared
libraries: libnotify.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory An application is preventing the volume "4G Removable
Volume" from being unmounted.

My guess is that this dependency was recently introduced since it
worked before without libnotify.

Regards,
Philipp