[arch-general] Setting xkb options (xkb_symbols) via hal?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Apr 27 17:09:36 EDT 2009

Judging from my findings on the interwebs it is possible to pass options
for the X11 keyboard via hal's policies.  This seems very useful for
system-wide keyboards settings.  However, I'm having problems making
them stick.

I can do the setup via xkbcomp, and the relevant line is

   xkb_symbols   { include
"pc+gb+inet(evdev)+level3(ralt_alt)+level3(enter_switch)+compose(menu)" };

but how do I pass that onto the evdev keyboard via hal?

/M