[arch-general] thinkpad t61 and not able to adjust brightness

Michael Schaefer archlinux.org at micele.de
Tue Apr 28 09:36:05 EDT 2009

I've similar problem here with my X60s.

echo 'up' >! /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness

works fine but using the hotkeys has no effect. I now realized that xev
doesn't return a keycode for FN+HOME and FN+END at all. FN only gives a
keycode as well as HOME and END on its own do.

However, i'm using Vanilla, so don't expect this to be an arch related
problem. AFAIK things concerning brightness adjustment changed for
2.6.29 in the acpi/video branch.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=9e6dada9d255497127251c03aaa59296d186f959

did anyone solve the problem?

regards - Michael