[arch-general] Policykit, uid like a service, and gid like a user

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Apr 28 17:42:55 EDT 2009

I noticed after installing policykit that it created a new user and
group (both called policykit).  The thing that surprised me was the uid
was 102 while the uid was 1001.  Should a system service like that
really have a uid below 1000 (like other service accounts) and a gid
above 1000 (which is what users are given).

Looks to me like it might be a bug, but thought I'd get some input on it
before raising my first bug against an Arch package :-)

/M