[arch-general] Help understanding which interface OpenOffice is using?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:28:03 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I have installed openoffice-core on my x86 box and I am trying to understand
what user interface it is using and how to change it if I can. I suspect the
very block like interface and large menu and menubar fonts are the result of
the GTK interface oo on arch uses by default. (I could have this backwards).
The default UI looks really awkward to me. It brings back bad memories of the
days when the UI was limited to what you see on xpdf.

	The wiki(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Openoffice) suggests an
environment variable setting of OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde soffice, but warns that
"KDE look will be removed in Openoffice3". What's the status of that? When will
the QT interface go away?

	What is the best way to get a better looking interface on KDE3. I have tried
using 'OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde soffice', but so far I get an error when
attempting this over XDMCP. Is there something that will work in this situation
as well? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC