[arch-general] Xorg/kdm login screen addition

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Apr 30 13:32:19 EDT 2009

Even easier - you can configure this in the kde control center.  System
Administration -> Login Manager.  Mine has the greeting set to "%r
(%h)".  According to the help text, the following are the available macros:

GreetString
  The headline in the greeter. An empty greeting means none at all.
  The following character pairs are replaced by their value:
%d
name of the current display
%h
local host name, possibly with the domain name
%n
local node name, most probably the host name without the domain name
%s
operating system
%r
operating system version