[arch-general] Trouble Building Xorg-Server (Modified PKGBUILD)

kludge drkludge at rat-patrol.org
Thu Apr 30 14:39:21 EDT 2009

greets, all!

ever since the release of xorg-server 1.5.3, i've been using a modified
PKGBUILD to build xorg-server sans hal and dbus.  (not gonna try
justifying it again; that'd just lead to yet another flame war.)

i've never had a problem until the 1.6.1-1 PKGBUILD, which adds the lines:

  libtoolize --force || return 1
  aclocal || return 1
  autoconf || return 1
  automake --add-missing || return 1

these added lines produce:

libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: linking file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros
in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
hw/dmx/doc/Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
hw/dmx/doc/Makefile.am:27: BUILD_PDFDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
hw/xfree86/doc/sgml/Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
hw/xfree86/doc/sgml/Makefile.am:27: BUILD_PDFDOC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

my modified PKGBUILD is attached.  please note that i *have* tried
reverting my changes (the commented patches), to no avail.

as i'm pretty clueless vis-a-vis makefiles and the autoconf system,
could somehow point me in the direction of a fix?

many thanks,
kludge