[arch-general] KDE 4.3: packaged and split problem

Alexander Kotlerman shura1990 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 03:48:26 EDT 2009

On kde 4.3 packaging and splitting:

I am trying to file a bug report, but the e-mail is taking forever for my registration (does that sound right?) so if anyone else has this problem, please post a bug report, i'm going to sleep.
I would like to share my install experience so far: I have not been able to upgrade. It complains about "kde-meta-kdeplasma-addons requires kdeplasma-addons-applets-bball" which doesn't exist. Second, doing a fresh install by doing a `sudo pacman -Rd kde kde-meta && sudo pacman -Syy && sudo pacman -S kde` downloads a bunch of the packages, and also does not download a bunch of packages (mostly from kdeedu, kdemultimedia, and i think another that I forget. I tried a few different mirrors (especially those that updated recently) with no luck. When searching for said packages, pacman looks through mirrorlist. No avail.