[arch-general] any packages on the repo are duplicated

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Tue Aug 4 13:28:33 EDT 2009

2009/8/4 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:

>>> Hmm, I really don't know why are downloading the packages again and
>>> not symlinked against it.
>>>
>>> I am using the script of this wiki page [1] on both mirrors.
>>>
>>> I am seeing rsync manual atm to improve a solution, I filled a bug
>>> report anyway [2]
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Local_Mirror
>>>
>>> [2] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15788
>>>
>>> --
>>> Angel Velásquez
>>> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
>>> Linux Counter: #359909
>>>

>> Seeing the manpage of rsync I should remove --safe-links and
>> everything should work fine.
>>
>> If this is true, the script on the wiki page and mirrors should be updated.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Angel Velásquez
>> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
>> Linux Counter: #359909
>>

> Removing safe-links option still downloading the files again.. I'm
> syncing against mirror.rit.edu anyway, any ideas?
>
> --
> Angel Velásquez
> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
> Linux Counter: #359909

Ok I found a solution! (I swear this is my last quiote of myself in
this thread hehe).

I did these steps:

1) entered on i686,x86_64 dirs under extra and and delete *-any.pkg.tar.gz
2) edited the mirrorsync script and deleted safe-links option
3) run the script again

And everything worked again.

In my local mirror I wasn't syncing testing, iso and other dirs, so I
went to the second case of the script, .. the first case (which syncs
everything) works fine, is respecting the symlinks, the second case
should now be update on wiki page, can I do this? or I have to fill a
bug report, can somebody confirm this?.

Thanks anyway and sorry for this issue

--
Angel Velásquez