[arch-general] any packages on the repo are duplicated

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Tue Aug 4 15:47:11 EDT 2009

2009/8/4 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Roman Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/8/4 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
>>> Ok I found a solution! (I swear this is my last quiote of myself in
>>> this thread hehe).
>>>
>>> I did these steps:
>>>
>>> 1) entered on i686,x86_64 dirs under extra and and delete *-any.pkg.tar.gz
>>> 2) edited the mirrorsync script and deleted safe-links option
>>> 3) run the script again
>>>
>>> And everything worked again.
>>>
>>> In my local mirror I wasn't syncing testing, iso and other dirs, so I
>>> went to the second case of the script, .. the first case (which syncs
>>> everything) works fine, is respecting the symlinks, the second case
>>> should now be update on wiki page, can I do this? or I have to fill a
>>> bug report, can somebody confirm this?.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway and sorry for this issue
>>
>> Full mirror sync in that script uses these rsync options:
>> -rptLv --delete-after --delay-updates
>>
>> Per-repository sync uses these rsync options:
>> -rptlv --safe-links --delete-after --delay-updates
>>
>> >From rsync --help:
>>  -l, --links                 copy symlinks as symlinks
>>  -L, --copy-links            transform symlink into referent file/dir
>>     --safe-links            ignore symlinks that point outside the source tree
>>
>> So if I understood correctly we should change -L to -l
>> and remove --safe-links which is what I'll do now on the wiki.
>
> Exactly I miss to mention about the -L <-> -l option, now I am testing
> if it works correctly, seems to be for now ...
>

> --
> Angel Velásquez
> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
> Linux Counter: #359909

Searching on the man of rsync option -a do the same of rptl so .. I
propose to change -rptl in favour of -a.

now mirror.archlinux.com.ve is working fine [1].

I am getting the e-mail of the rest of the mirrors admins to let them
know about the issue with the mirrorsync script

Cheers

[1] http://mirror.archlinux.com.ve

--
Angel Velásquez