[arch-general] any packages on the repo are duplicated

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:16:18 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 00:09, Dan McGee<dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Roman Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Afaik Gerhrad has such a list as he is allways in contact with some mirror
>>> admins.

>>> Afaik Gerhrad has such a list as he is allways in contact with some mirror
>>> admins.
>>
>> Could we place that lists on a private wiki
>> (so no emails are revealed to spam bots),
>> so we can collaborate on filling it?
>> (I can provide info from bugtracker feature requests
>> where people asked to be added as a mirror,
>> since I know bugtracker users' email addresses).
>
> Just missed this one with my last post (to the private list, sorry for
> those that can't see there).
>
> Let's get this in the ***king database please. If the model has to
> change to get more info in there, so be it, I'd be glad to help. But
> I'm sick of scattered information everywhere and people not really
> giving back when they come up with cool tools and help gather this
> information.

Honestly I didn't know (at least that's what I remember)
about the info in the database.
I do agree that having list of mirrors in the package, the wiki,
the download page etc. is a pain to sync,
so autogenerating everything from a DB would be cool.

> P.S. Roman, you have been the unfortunate author of a few emails I've
> responded to lately, please don't feel like I'm attempting to flame
> you or anything, these posts have just hit some of my hot buttons as
> of late. :) Thanks for all your effort here, I just want to make sure
> we don't direct effort in the wrong directions.

Ah, I don't have any problems with your responses. :-)

P.S.: this thread is getting scattering through different MLs
and private mails already. Let's move it to dev ML completely.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)