[arch-general] kde4.3-0.1 - Many plasma-addon package conflicts

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Aug 5 02:04:09 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 12:41:32 am David C. Rankin wrote:
> Listmates,
>
> 	Installing the new kde 4.3 release results and many plasma-addon package conflicts. Is this normal? I'm just going to remove the conflicting addons and then try the reinstall. Detailed list of conflicts attached...

Huh?

	The upgrade on the first box failed even though I told it to replace the plasma-dataengine:

00:35 archangel:~> pms -u
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 kdemod-legacy is up to date
 testing is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 archlinuxfr is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace kdeplasma-addons-dataengines with extra/kdeplasma-addons-libs? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Remove (1): kdeplasma-addons-dataengines-4.2.98-2

Total Removed Size:   1.01 MB

Targets (256): ghostscript-8.70-1  gutenprint-5.2.4-1  hal-0.5.13-2  kdelibs-4.3.0-2  kdelibs-experimental-4.3.0-1  oxygen-icons-4.3.0-1
<snip>

	Then conflicts occurred. I just tried the same upgrade of 4.3 on another box and I got no conflicts? Strange. Maybe I had a real early version from testing on the first machine? I don't know, but I had no problems on the second box I moved to 4.3.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC