[arch-general] autofs orphaned

JM fijam at archlinux.us
Wed Aug 5 08:59:45 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have been using autofs with my local and remote filesystems for some
time. With an update to version 5.0 numerous bugs were introduced
forcing many users, including me, to downgrade. On May 2nd, Andrea
Scrapino who was the autofs maintainer at the time, orphaned the
package and asked on arch-dev-public if some other dev would be
interested in maintaining the package.

Three months later autofs is still orphaned and autofs bugs assigned
to BaSH haunt the bugtracker [1]. Will autofs be deprecated? If so,
what compatible alternatives are there?

Kind regards,
JM

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?string=autofs&project=1