[arch-general] KDE4.3 upgrade

Edgar Kalkowski eMail at edgar-kalkowski.de
Thu Aug 6 11:05:38 EDT 2009

As for the Amarok/MP3 thing: I had the same/a similar issue when upgrading to KDE 4.3. It seems in 4.3 the default phonon backend is gstreamer which is known to have issues. Try installing phonon-xine from extra and selecting xine as backind in systemsettings/multimedia. This did the trick for me.

Edgar