[arch-general] GStreamer packages

Thijs Vermeir thijsvermeir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:06:44 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I see that some GStreamer packages have been outdated, attached you
can find the PGKBUILD's with upgraded version and some other
modifications detailed below.

(Coudn't find if this is already discused)
I also had a question about the gst-plugins-base/good/bad/ugly
packages. I see that they are now split-up in 2 packages
(ex: gstreamer0.10-base and gstreamer0.10-base-plugins). The second
one contains the plugins depending on external libraries and the first
one contains libraries and plugins without external dependencies.

Typically a user has all gstreamer plugins installed, or at least he
is using some plugins from every package. So I propose that we also
merge these 2 plugins to make it easier to maintain and match
upstream packages.

Does this sound logic or do I miss something?

Changes to PKGBUILD:
gstreamer0-10: 0.10.24
- disable tests and examples
gstreamer0.10-base and plugins: 0.10.24