[arch-general] ABI compliance checker

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Aug 6 18:16:42 EDT 2009

Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
>     Colleagues, I'm software engineer from Institute for System
> Programing of Russian Academy of Sciences and we are developing a free
> lightweight tool for checking backward/forward binary compatibility of
> shared C/C++ libraries in OS Linux. It checks interface signatures and
> data type definitions in two library versions (headers and shared
> objects) and searches ABI changes that may lead to incompatibility.
> We have released 1.1 version of this tool and we'd like you to consider
> its usefulness for your project.
>     The wiki-page with the latest release of binary compatibility checker is
> http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker
>
> Andrey Ponomarenko

Hi

This sound really very good!
At first when I read your post, I thought it was possible to verify the
compatibility without source, ie directly between the binaries, but I
see that this is not possible. This only do the check based on the
source plus some xml library descriptors.

Thanks for sharing this :)

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar