[arch-general] Arch minimum kernel version (udev) and SliceHost

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:47:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Pierre Chapuis<catwell at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Le Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:26:17 -0500,
> Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> The kernel is not an Arch package at all, it is managed externally by Slice.
>>
>> If you send them a support request requesting a new kernel, they are
>> happy to oblige, remembering that they will need to reboot your slice
>> for it to be rolled out.
>
> OK, I'll do that then. Thanks for the information.

Eeek. Check the man page for signalfd for sample code:

agriffin at snarf:~$ man signalfd
agriffin at snarf:~$ vim signalfd_demo.c
agriffin at snarf:~$ gcc signalfd_demo.c -o signalfd_demo
agriffin at snarf:~$ ./signalfd_demo
signalfd: Function not implemented

$ uname -a
Linux snarf 2.6.24-24-xen #1 SMP Tue Jun 30 21:53:02 UTC 2009 x86_64
Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2212 HE AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

This is my slice with the latest kernel they support