[arch-general] Add "phonon-xine" to KDE deps?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Aug 11 03:38:00 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 12:22:34 Allan McRae wrote:
> > Thirded :) I am still missing notification sounds from kopete though. And
> > now I don't have any default device in system settings -> multimedia ->
> > audio output -> *
>
> Did you all install the needed gstreamer plugins for the files you
> wanted to play?

Yes I think.

$ pacman -Qs gstreamer
local/gstreamer0.10 0.10.23-1
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework
local/gstreamer0.10-base 0.10.23-1
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework Base plugin libraries
local/gstreamer0.10-base-plugins 0.10.23-2 (gstreamer0.10-plugins)
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework Base Plugins (gst-plugins-base)

However doing pacman -Ss gstreamer isn't exactly friendly. What exactly good,
bad and ugly plugins mean? Do I need ffmpeg plugins for mp3?

FWIW, can we just default to xine backend? I don't know much about either of
them but one of them got sound and other one didn't. I hope thats not a too-
stupid of a request.

--
 Shridhar