[arch-general] Add "phonon-xine" to KDE deps?

Sherry Howell sherryhowell50 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:53:05 EDT 2009

> > Did you all install the needed gstreamer plugins for the files you
> > wanted to play?
>
> Qt only installs the base plugins which support playing ogg and wave files.
> For anything else you need to install other plugins.

Mine is even a bigger mess than that.  I've decided it's actually Amarok in
this instance though.  Gstreamer didn't work in Amarok, but even with Xine
backends installed I get no sound out of Amarok at all with the latest
Amarok release.  It's not a backend or plugin issue because I get sound
from Dragon Player.  I'm able to play oggs/mp3s in everything EXCEPT Amarok.
Go figure... I can't.

Sherry