[arch-general] nvidia card - fans are really cranked up after the latest driver update a week or so ago

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Aug 21 02:52:05 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I have been chasing an issue on Arch having to do with the 8800GT in it. A
couple of weeks ago there was a driver update from Nvidia that has caused the
fans on my video card to really take off. With all drivers before that there
wasn't a noise issue. The box is dual boot with openSuSE 11.0 so I can confirm
that this is an arch/nvidia issue. Has anyone else noticed fan speed increases
on your NV cards here lately? If so, any solutions??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC