[arch-general] introducing kernel26-lts

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Tue Aug 25 13:02:11 UTC 2009

Andreas Radke wrote:
> Today I've added a 2nd kernel to our svn called "kernel26-lts". It
> should help to make you less caring about kernel updates. The intention
> is to
>
> 1) have a 2nd choice for the kernel pkg that suits better in
> certain situations and
>
> 2) it can be a fallback when a reboot after updating the core
> "kernel26" fails

Having a stable unpatched kernel is definately a Good Thing. The constant kernel changes and the associated lava-pants was getting a real nuisance on my Arch servers.

I wouldn't bother including Xen though, IMO it's on its last legs since Red Hat took KVM under their wings. KVM is definately the way to go.

Glenn