[arch-general] introducing kernel26-lts

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:23:02 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 05:15:54 pm Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Tue, 25 Aug 2009 01:34:32 +0200
>
> schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:
> > I will upload packages for both architectures to testing over the next
> > days. Please discuss when you want see changes to the config file
> > (x86_64 is done, i686 is not ready so far).
> >
> > -Andy
>
> i686 is now also done and ready for intensive testing.
>
> -Andy

Andreas,

	How do you handle the situation where you are running the nvidia driver on
the normal kernel and then boot to the lts kernel? The kernel boots fine, but
X is dead, presumably because the nvidia driver isn't compiled against that
kernel and laughs when you tell it to start. Any way of having a separate
driver in the lts kernel module tree? To do that would you just install the
nvidia driver again while the lts kernel is running and have it get put in the
right place?

	I guess so, I'll give it a go tomorrow. If that sounds like a really bad
idea, let me know. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC