[arch-general] 404 on 'view svn entries' in package details on archlinux.rog

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Aug 28 11:17:17 UTC 2009

solsTiCe d'Hiver schrieb:
> hello,
> when you click on 'View svn entries' on quite a few package in details
> on archlinux.org, you end up on 404 page.
>
> is it a side effect of the massive package deletion reported some time
> ago ? is it another quirk or hiccup, or server migration ?

This is due to archweb being unable to set the root correctly for
community packages, as they are in a separate SVN repository.

However, even if that got fixed,
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/?root=community still doesn't work
for other reasons which I won't get into right now. Suffice it to say
that at least this second part should hopefully be fixed after the
weekend, as there will be some work going on on the servers (it's not
been announced yet what will happen, so I won't mention the details
here, there should be an announcement soon).