[arch-general] Problem with udev 145?

Sebastian Schwarz seschwar at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 23:35:33 UTC 2009

Hello,

Replying here, as users cannot post to arch-dev-pubilc, IIRC.

On 2009-08-28 at 09:30 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Exactly one of the many LUKS devices doesn't show up in
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/ anymore since an update of initscripts, udev and
> glibc this week. The other LUKS devices are still there, exactly that
> one is missing. cryptsetup displays the correct UUID and the device
> can be unlocked fine.

I can also confirm this.  I have exactly the same problem here.  One of
my two external encrypted USB drives doesn't have a /dev/disk/by-uuid
symlink with udev-145-1.  However all other /dev/disk/by-* links for
this drive are present.  It is always the same drive that is affected.
And it is only the by-label link for this drive which is missing.

> I am lost here, does someone have ideas?

Not really.  Just that downgrading to udev-141-5 helps here.

Regards.