[arch-general] subversion package newer than testing ??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Aug 30 03:10:03 UTC 2009

Listmates,

	For the past several days I have gotten the warning on pacman -Syu that:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 testing is up to date
 kdemod-legacy is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 archlinuxfr is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: subversion: local (1.6.5-1) is newer than testing (1.6.4-2)
 local database is up to date

	I thought this might be just an ordering issue of my repositories in
/etc/pacman.conf, but then looking at the packages with -s it's right, the
subversion in extra is newer than the subversion in testing:

testing/subversion 1.6.4-2
    Replacement for CVS, another versioning system (svn)
extra/subversion 1.6.5-2
    Replacement for CVS, another versioning system (svn)

	What's up?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC