[arch-general] Howto adjust font scaling in Arch? All fonts look a bit big and fat?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Aug 30 05:57:47 UTC 2009

On Saturday 29 August 2009 01:14:06 am David C. Rankin wrote:
> On Thursday 27 August 2009 03:00:14 am RedShift wrote:
> > This thread is useless without pics...
> >

> > Glenn
>
> Agreed.
>
> 	Here is a link to my suse desktop showing the kmail message list where the
> font scaling is the most noticeable. Two sizes of the same image are
> posted:
>
> 800x514 (90K)
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/kde4/font-scaling-
> suse-9pt-800.jpeg
>
> 1440x900 (270k)
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/kde4/font-scaling-
> suse-9pt.jpeg
>
> 	I'll swap driver and post the arch comparison later tonight.

OK,

	Here are the arch screenshot comparisons. NOTE - All the fonts in the arch
kde control panel are set at "8pt" while the ones in the suse screenshots are
set at "9pt" and the arch fonts (moost notable in the kmail folder list) loop
larger than the same fonts in suse. The 9pt to 9pt comparison is huge. I
haven't had time to exhaust all the suggestions yet, but I will and I'll
report back. Meanwhile if anywone has any other ideas, please let me know.
Thanks.

(~90k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/kde4/font-scaling-
Arch-8pt-800.jpeg