[arch-general] offlineimap

Patrick Brisbin pbrisbin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:53:09 UTC 2009

On 08/31/09 at 11:42am, Andre Ramaciotti da Silva wrote:

> Also, wouldn't it be better if offlineimap ran every once in a while instead of
> only when you start KDE? In this case, setting up cron would be better suited.

i agree.

offlineimap does have a builtin interval-resync functionality, however i
find it to be pretty buggy, so personally, i just go the cron route:

*/3 * * * * offlineimap -o -u Noninteractive.Quiet

(i even call my own script[1] to check if its already running first, but
the above way should work too).

[1] http://pbrisbin.com:8080/bin/mailrun

--
patrick brisbin