[arch-general] Help - Sound Disappeared -- Really! All modules -> Gone?? (kernel bug?)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:48:51 EST 2009

On Tuesday 01 December 2009 15:23:22 and regarding:
> You could try to check /var/log/pacman.log to see why "oss" was installed.
> (If it was still installed pacman -Qi would give you this sort of info I
> guess)

Flavio,

	It was installed on 11/6 along with "emovix, libmms, cdrdao, libmodplug,
speex, libshout, mpg123, libasyncns, pulseaudio, wavpack and quanta". I'm not
sure which recommended it as an option. The weird part is that sound continued
working as normal until just this past week. From 11/6 through ~ 11/20, sound
worked fine. Then another install or update evidently brought the issue to
life. All is good now. Thank you for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC