[arch-general] conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 2 05:56:29 EST 2009

Arvid Picciani schrieb:
> like what?  maybe you are feeling insecure about it?

Yes, I am so insecure. You are right, I am going to kill myself just now.

> There is a saying in my native language that goes like:
> "Dogs only bite if you hit their spot."

Old sayings like this are usually stupid.

> The other devs at least managed to respond in professional and calm way,
> which ultimately convinced me that they are right.

Until now, I was professional and managed to ignore this thread
completely. But you just had to pull the Windows card. You were trying
to convince people that you were right by telling them "either you agree
with me or you are just another Windows user who doesn't want to pay".
That is not acceptable and breaks the rules of any discussion between
grown-ups.
Again: Comparisons like that just mean you are out of arguments and are
still trying to convince people. Tell me why you think what we do is bad
without mentioning Windows or Ubuntu or any comparison to anything and
we can talk professionally.

>> but because Arch is very different from either of those and I am quite
>> proud of that
>
> and insecure.

Okay okay okay, after this e-mail I will definitely kill myself, sorry
for keeping you waiting.

>> and I will not tolerate such statements.
>
> my address is publicly available. go find me?

Don't bother - all I will do is be an ass about it every time.