[arch-general] Help - Sound Disappeared -- Really! All modules -> Gone?? (kernel bug?)

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Wed Dec 2 07:19:19 EST 2009

David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
> This is really strange. Sound used to work on my laptop, now it is just --
> gone. The hardware hasn't changed (obviously):

David

Just an observation I'm making here, when I sift through the e-mail archives of the Arch e-mailinglist about every 7th or 8th post is yours... That's quite a lot compared to how many members are subscribed. When reading back those post most issues are trivial and solved 2 or 3 posts later... It also occurs to me you run testing as well - which will definitely break stuff as that is the nature of testing. The issue you've had right now would also have been prevented if you would have paid closer attention to pacman's output.

I'm not talking about your right to post to this list, I'm merely suggesting maybe you should take more time analyzing your problem instead of immediately posting your problem here.

Best regards,

Glenn