[arch-general] conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:23:26 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:
> "gnomies"  "mouse users"
> etc is all the same level of offensiveness.
> I lack ideas here.

No, I think you just are furious because you can have things working
without losing 5 days of your life. Maybe you are just old and until
they make a time machine, you'll not be able to come back to the 70's
and work like a "real man".

Sorry, but I never understood this mindset of being against automatic
configuratino when it makes sense. Why don't you just use dd for every
read and write operation to the disk? Why do you need a filesystem?
Pff....

Anyways, you should really try gnome or kde nowadays, you would be
impressed. Maybe with a system without xorg.conf which recognizes
automatically a new monitor when plugged in. This happened to me just
the other day.

Best whishes.