[arch-general] custom repo guide?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:17:39 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> Arvid Picciani wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> can you link me to a manual on custom repositories?
>>> I couldn't find anything on the wiki.
>>> Specifically what needs to be done on the server side to maintain the
>>> package index.
>>>
>>> Looks like that is all that's needed for a repo, is it?
>>>
>>> thanks.
>>>

>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Custom_local_repository_with_ABS_and_gensync#Custom_local_repository
>>

> cake!  thanks.
>
> any idea how to build packages for a repo in bulk though?  preferable even
> with more generic make options then my workstation would have.

You know, I tried making a script to do this and it ended up going no
where. The intent was to use makechrootpkg (from devtools) to build
packages in a chroot and consequently install the package to the
chroot when completed. The only stipulation was that you needed to
manually specify the build order and do the dep stuff manually.

I'd suggest making a dumb script to just call makechrootpkg
repeatedly. If you're doing deps, then order matters, if not, then a
simple loop like so would work:
for pkg in pkgbuilds/*; do
   pushd "$pkg"
   makechrootpkg -c /path/to/chroot #or whatever
   popd
done