[arch-general] Unable to Install Arch on Server

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:18:37 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 13:15, Carlos Williams <carloswill at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that usually means that your grub+initrd combo is broken
>> somewhere. Post your configs?
>
> There are no configs. I am trying to do a fresh install. There are no
> Grub configs...yet. I just downloaded the 2009.08 netinst ISO and
> burned it to a CDROM. The error you see is when I boot from the CDROM.

Ah.. Hmm. I don't really know. That looks like grub has passed and
you're into the initrd though. What type of cdrom device are you
using? It looks like it can't find the cd to mount it, and that's
what's failing. You may be able to manually mount it past that, I'm
not sure. Could also try booting from a usb image instead of a cd
image.