[arch-general] peaceful suggestion to clarify "the arch way" to avoid this to happen AGAIN

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:12:07 EST 2009

2009/12/3 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com>:
> Arch is what you make it.

I think you nailed it. I always thought the Arch Way as a principle,
not a rule. We're not a religion, neither a nation. The few rules we
have are for the well of the community, so that it can go forward
without losing time with nitpicking.

The Arch Way should not be used as a stick to bash other people on the
head. This is a problem inherent to any positive principle. People are
more easily led by a list of negative commandments (don't do this,
don't do that) than broad positive principles, as the Arch Way, in
which each one can extract a different truth.

Oh, the people...

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?