[arch-general] [OT] What is wrong with DBus anyway?

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Thu Dec 3 21:27:38 EST 2009

> On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 10:04:16PM -0200, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto wrote:
>> The *Kit family maybe could be replaced by a good set of ACLs, but
>> even that can be problematic, as not all the concepts that are
>> configured by PolicyKit or ConsoleKit are files. And the Unix security
>> model of Users/Groups/Others is not very flexible, beyond some simple
>> cases.

Let me illustrate the problem here by construction an argument with a
similar flaw:

"The mouse is inflexible and should be deprecated, as a stylus has the
advantage of being cordless. All modern pointing devices should be
cordless and i think these mouse users are just from the 60s."

fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> It's a lot more flexible than you'd imagine. It has been
> used with success to manage systems with thousands of users.
> If that is possible, do you really think that a managing a
> simple personal computer requires anything new ?

It all adds up. Been on one of their conferences? A man with my patience
can easily go into stabbing mode there. The amount of clueless people
clearly outnumbered any available resources to cluebat them.

Eternal September is a pattern, not an event.

Someone is propably going to whine about me being offensive again, so i
added cake:

not.

--
Arvid