[arch-general] [OT] What is wrong with DBus anyway?

Smith Dhumbumroong zodmaner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:15:24 EST 2009

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 20:07:24 +0100
Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:

> Arvid Picciani wrote:
> > Sounds like either this discussion is worth discussing again.
>
> i forgot to add:  "or you're a rare exception, Jan."
> thanks for at least trying to see the point here, much aprechiated.
> i hope others follow.

I can't believe this...

Look, what do you hope to achieve here? To convince everyone that
dbus is evil and should be purged from Arch? What will that
accomplished?

As Judd have said, Arch Linux is what you make it. You don't like dbus.
Fine. We get it. Believe me we really do. Don't use it if you don't want
to then. It's _your_ Arch after all, do whatever you like with it and
let us do whatever we want to ours.

You've already started your own project, that Arch Antidesktop or
whatever. Wouldn't it be more productive to spend your time on that
instead of here arguing around in circle?

Sorry for being OT, won't happen again.