[arch-general] Yikes! kernel26-2.6.32-1-x86_64 leaves Toshiba laptop unbootable

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:51:44 EST 2009

On Sunday 06 December 2009 22:30:29 and regarding:
> Did you know you can append "3" to the kernel line in the boot menu of GRUB
> in order to boot in init 3? This would avoid loading X and could be useful
> for you.
>
> I have no idea what could be causing your problem, however.
>
> Sébastien Leblanc

Yes, I know, but for some reason I think I had tried that several times in March when I first loaded arch and it didn't work so I just went to the fallback mount/bind/chroot method (I have the cd's in my end table). If I had to actually go get the cd, I probably would have tried it again :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC