[arch-general] Low volume for kopete notifications

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Dec 7 09:29:06 EST 2009

Hello All,

I got a new computer and installed arch on it. I have restored my home
directory from other machine, which has lived thr. kde3 -> kde4 transition and
isn't exactly prestine.

This is core2duo machine and the soundcard is 82801G HDA, as reported by
lspci. I don't have pulseaudio installed. Jack is installed but not running.
Phonon backend is gstreamer.

Everything is working fine but there is a strange behaviour. Volume of kopete
notification is very low.  I am surprised that it even has a different volume
than normal. Furthermore kopete has no way to set this volume, even though I
can set the tone/music for it.

Sound  test in KDE settings runs fine in notifications and music category(how
to set them for applications and how do they matter anyways?).

Also moc(a console mp3 player) is working fine.( I had to resort to moc since
juk doesn't output any sound at all. That is another issue but I don't mind
moc)

Creating a new user isn't an option since I have tons of settings/data
customized and can't leave it all behind.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
--
 Shridhar