[arch-general] ArchLinux AntiDesktop (was: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises)

Christos Nouskas nous at archlinux.us
Mon Dec 7 12:55:16 EST 2009

Arvid Picciani wrote:
> http://heresy.asgaartech.com/
>
> Let me know if this solution works for everyone
> and/or if anyone is offended by anything on that
>         site or the fact that it exists
> and/or if anything should be added to it.
>
> Contributors very welcome :)

Suggestions:

1. Rename all your packages appropriately (e.g. append -heresy or -nodbus
or -whatever). This way your packages won't get unistalled if they lag
behind the official ones.

2. Add your repo to the unofficial user repos at the wiki
(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unofficial_user_repositories)

3. Make x86_64 builds (remember, the main reason of UURs is convenience,
so that people don't have to compile themselves - otherwise ABS/AUR would
suffice)

4. Rewrite some stuff in "philosophy", being polite never hurt anyone.

--
X.