[arch-general] Help - Sound Disappeared -- Really! All modules -> Gone?? (kernel bug?)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:01:04 EST 2009

On Tuesday 01 December 2009 17:34:42 and regarding:
> Did you reboot during this time frame? Perhaps the alsa modules were
> loaded, and when you finally rebooted (on the 20th?), they weren't
> there to be re-loaded.

Oh, yes, sorry for not including that. This is on my laptop so it get booted at least once daily. I know I'm missing a piece of the puzzle here. Obviously the software was doing what it was supposed to, I just ended up in some whacked out config where -- the fact I ended up in that state is what took me by surprise. I didn't have time to pick this one apart 'log entry-by-log entry', so I just chocked it up to my reasonable suspicion of operator error :-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC