[arch-general] testing: xf86-video-ati, libdrm - transparency lost in kde4 w/compiz

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Dec 8 02:39:29 EST 2009

Guys,

	Testing xf86-video-ati-6.12.99.git20091207  libdrm-2.4.16-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz I noticed that the plasma-panel has lost transparency in kde4 when compiz is enabled. It's not uncommon for me to need to restart plasma-desktop to regain transparency, but with these two packages installed, even that doesn't work. I use a small rsplasma script to restart the desktop:

01:33 alchemy:~> cat bin/rsplasma
#!/bin/bash
kbuildsycoca4
kquitapp plasma-desktop >/dev/null 2>&1
kstart plasma-desktop & >/dev/null 2>&1

	This is which radeon loaded in rc.conf due to the current hang in used with KMS. Anybody else see this?

	Everything else with the driver and drm seems to work OK, but I haven't rebuilt the initramfs for KMS early yet (waiting on more info on the driver issue). Do you want me to try that??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC