[arch-general] iwl5000 issues

Rafa Grimán rafagriman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:21:45 EST 2009

Hi :)

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 14:56:17 Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Rafa Grim�n schrieb:
> > Hi :)
> >
> > Got a Lenovo T400 laptop with an Intel 5100 wireless card, lspci:
> >
> > 03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN
> > [Shiloh] Network Connection
> >
> > Which was working until I updated my system.
> >
> > Kernel version:
> >
> > # uname -a
> > Linux currotop 2.6.31-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 10 19:01:40 CET 2009
> > x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
> Giovanni recently repackaged the iwlwifi-5000-ucode (and other firmware)
> packages as -any packages, but I just compared the iwlwifi-5000-1.ucode
> in our package with the one from Intel's homepage and they match.
>
> Could you try if kernel26-2.6.32-1 and kernel26-firmware-2.6.32-1 from
> testing solve the issue? If yes, we don't have to care about what
> happens in 2.6.31, which will be gone from core in a week probably.

I'd rather not because this is the laptop I use for work, not my personal
laptop so I'd rather not mess with it too much ;)

If there's no other option, I can try, but it'll have to be in another free
partition I've got and I'd have to reinstall everything. I prefer this and see
if a fresh install fixes things. Maybe try a 32 bit Arch, the one I'm having
issues is a 64 bit Arch.

   Rafa

--
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."

rgriman at skype.com
rgriman at jabberes.org

Happily using KDE 4.3.3 :)