[arch-general] Making a PHP package with the embed SAPI

Denis Kobozev d.v.kobozev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 01:45:51 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Brendan Long <korin43 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My problem isn't creating a custom php package, the problem is creating one
> that installs to /usr but doesn't conflict with the official php package.
> I'd like to be able to install it just like you can install php-mcrypt and
> php-mysql.

You would have to modify the current php package though. Either you
modify it yourself, name it differently, add the official php package
to the list of conflicting packages and upload your PKGBUILD to AUR
for those who would want to use embed sapi; or email the current php
package maintainer and ask him to include --enable-embed=shared to the
list of php extensions. Embed would then be compiled as a shared
library and could be installed on demand.

Or something like that.

Denis.