[arch-general] iwl5000 issues

Rafa Grimán rafagriman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:38:06 EST 2009

Hi :)

On Thursday 10 December 2009 16:01:25 Damjan Georgievski wrote:

> >> If it is hard blocked, you cannot do anything about it from the software
> >> end, you have to find a hardware switch or a kernel/rfkill bug.
> >
> > I checked all the hardware options:
> >
> >        - BIOS (reloaded defaults, changed all the settings I
> >          could find, ...)
> >
> >        - tried all the Fn+F# combinations and nothing
>
> You do know that all Thinkpads have a hardware switch to turn off all
> wireless (Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G), right?
>
> On your T400 it's probably located ... checks .. couldn't find any
> docs .. in the front under the palm-rest.
>
> http://www.spywaredrguide.com/VirtualDr/images/wireless_switch_01.gif

Nope. I'm new to the Lenovo Laptops.

<swearing_and_ripping_hair_off> ...</swearing_and_ripping_hair_off>

OK, no more hairs left on my head and I don't know any more swear words in
English nor in Spanish.

Yes, that was it. Now it works. 0:)

Thanks all for your time and suggestions.

   Rafa

--
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."

rgriman at skype.com
rgriman at jabberes.org

Happily using KDE 4.3.3 :)