[arch-general] kde4/kmail slow - anybody else notice or is it just me?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Dec 11 03:13:19 EST 2009

On 12/08/2009 08:00 PM, Atanas Zhelev wrote:
> 2009/12/8 David C. Rankin<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:
>>>

> Hi,
>
> i have 11000+ messages in my POP3 account and don't see the slowdown
> you are experiencing. I can't offer an explanation why you have such a
> problem though.
>
> --
> BRS
> Atanas Zhelev

Thanks Atanas,

	I don't know what it is either. I know it didn't used to be there. For
testing, I loaded thunderbird again, and the responsiveness of tbird is
perfect. I know tbird is using mbox and kmail defaults to maildir, but
honestly, the largest folder I have has a little over 41k messages in it and I
can literally go get a Dr. Pepper waiting for kmail to read and thread the
messages each time I access any folder with 8K plus messages. I'll check on a
box with a fresh ~/ directory (without all the setting mods in
~/.kde4/share/... I have on my arch box). I'll report back if I hit on something.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC