[arch-general] New Thunderbird build 3.0-2 installs lightning by default

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Dec 15 04:21:04 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Jürgen Hagemann
<pillepalle at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> The new TB update from today enables and installs lightning by default.
> Bugreport: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17510?project=1&pagenum=1
> This is a bad idea, because some people don´t want it.
> Mozilla doesn´t recommend to set the calendar flag on building...
> Another point is, that the builtin calendar extension is not localized.
> So, on non-english systems people have a "language mix" in TB...

Thanks for doing this.  I was very much missing lightning after having
run the release candidates for a good month or so.  Especially when
considering that the lightning project doesn't build 64-bit versions
of the add-on themselves (there is a "contributed" build for the
latest release, but it doesn't work with TB3, there's no 64-bit
nightly build).

Would it not be possible to modify the TB3 PKGBUILD to spit out two
packages, thunderbird and thunderbird-lightning?

/M