[arch-general] Good press at distrowatch.com

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:49:15 EST 2009

Guys,

Probably old news to most, but I was very pleased to see the good press Arch
got from distrowatch.com this week. See:

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20091214#news

The article reads:

<quote>

With Arch Linux having become such a popular distro, often praised for its
rolling-release model of installing once and keeping it updated forever, we
thought it would be a good time to take another look at Archiso-live.
Archiso-live is an Arch Linux live CD that boots into an Xfce desktop and has
a graphical system installer. In the earlier releases the installer did not
work correctly, but the more recent ones come with a much improved version. We
installed in on a test machine and can confirm that it was able to transfer
the entire live CD onto a hard disk partition with no problems. Of course, if
you install Arch Linux this way, you'll be "cheating", since easy,
click-and-point installation isn't part of the "Arch way" of doing things.
Nevertheless, as a method of testing this exciting distro, the "Archiso-live
way" is a great time-saver. The latest version at the time of writing is
20091208 and it can be downloaded from here: archiso-live-2009-12-08.iso
(685MB, MD5).

</quote>

Good job guys. Another testament to wise decision making, good distro
management, and smart devs ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC